• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support during boarding school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YahNila

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

If my 15 year old daughter goes to an in-state, free residential high school and I have physical custody, am I still entitled to full child support?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Do you have to provide clothing for your child? Maintain a home for the child to come to on weekends/ holidays? Provide electricity for that home? Provide spending money, and pay for activities?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

If my 15 year old daughter goes to an in-state, free residential high school and I have physical custody, am I still entitled to full child support?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
As long as you have primary custody and are maintaining the child's primary home, then yes, you are still entitled to full child support.

However, if your child is incarcerated in a children's facility, expect your child support to get diverted to the state, and for the state to perhaps file for child support against you as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">