• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? missouri
my question is, can they garnish my wages for my husbands deliquent child support?


Senior Member
Generally, NO. It's not your obligation.

However, if you have joint savings, checking, etc., I'd worry about it being seized. Also, If you own a home jointly, you may find a CS lien placed upon it, or a car together, it could get booted or more.

I'd recommend keeping your assets SEPERATE, and not having your pay go into a joint account. Your pay, your account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential