• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Loophole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Illinois

When I was 15 years old I met this 19 year old girl. We had a relationship (she knew I was 15) and she got pregnant by me. Now ever since I was 18 I have paid child support to the state of Illinois for my child (since 1994). This child support payment garnishes about 20% of my wages. Now out of the blue, the mother decided to leave the state of Illinois with my son and moved to Arizona. Somehow in Arizona she was able to claim child support again and then gave my child (without my permission) to her mother (the grandmother) and the grandmother went into court and somehow also got a judgment against me. So now I pay 3 child support payments for one child (2 in Arizona, and 1 in Illinois)- this is taking about 70% of my income since the wage adjustment hasn't been applied in the state of Arizona. I called the Child support division in Arizona and requested a hearing and the result of the hearing was that I continue to pay 2 child support payments to arizona but not to Illinois- so I call Illinois and they tell me if I stop payments- they'll mark me as deliquent. Now I got a lawyer in Illinois and he was unable to stop Arizona from having the 2 child support judgments against me. Now the money that arizona claims I owe the state has accrued. The mother of my child since then has moved to Texas and retried to claim child support in that state and also claimed we were married (which isn't true). I was able to stop the judgment in Texas but I cannot stop the judgment in Arizona. I have tried to locate my child and everytime I'm able to find the location of the grandmother- she moves to another location. I have tried to get this in court numerous times. What can I do - This is unlawful, unfair, and unjust
Please help a concerned father who just wants to be with his son



Have you got a visitation agreement in court ?
Has she violated it ? If so take her to court on that.

Have you went into your local office of the Child Support Office and showed them you already pay cs/ did you mail a certified copy of you cs order to Az

If we all can do what she has done boy some of us would be rich !

Find a GOOD Attorney

Contact AZ State Attorney -

You will have to probley file something in AZ to fight for this
(What part of AZ is she at , I can try to get you some good #'s )


Yes I have contacted the child support offices in both Arizona and Illinois- I have sent them copies of the original judgments- I have even had people from the court house call the state of arizona (whereby both systems could communicate) and they still refuse to do anything about it. This is illegal and its fraud. I don't understand how the system could fail like this. The worst part is that the mother doesn't have custody of the child and is bouncing around the United States (last I heard was Texas). What if my child is endangered? what if the grandmother only has the child, refuses to communicate to me out of fear of losing her grandson, while the mother is collecting the support and using it only for herself? This situation is screwed up beyond belief- The court case is in Maricopa County (phoenix vicinity). I have contacted lawyers out there- but how can I be penalized in this way? how can they get away with moving around the United States (state to state to state) and disappearing everytime I come around? I was 15 when she got pregnant and she was 19- that wasn't fair- and now that I'm 27 I can't even locate my child- and I'm paying 3 child supports for one child (2 in Arizona and 1 in Illinois)- I'm very angry at this situation- this is not justice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential