• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My daughhter is 18 and has been declared emancipated by the court. The court figured arearage of child support and they say there has been an overpayment of about $700.
She knew she was current as of the first of this year but continued to pay the extra $25 each week and told me to give it to our daughter for gas money for her car, which I did.

Am I obligated to give her this money back? How does Indiana handle support overpayment in a situation like this?
If this where to turn into a law suit I would like to know if I have a leg to stand on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential