• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ajgraf

What is the name of your state? Washington
My wife and I are currently separated, I am paying the amount that we agreed upon with our legal Separation. My question is can my wife apply for Child Support even though I am currently paying the agreed upon amount? I have been told that she cannot even apply for Child Support until we are divorced is that true?

AJ

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Washington
My wife and I are currently separated, I am paying the amount that we agreed upon with our legal Separation. My question is can my wife apply for Child Support even though I am currently paying the agreed upon amount? I have been told that she cannot even apply for Child Support until we are divorced is that true?

AJ
Yes, she can file for CS. Any time you are separated, much less divorced.

I can see where you would think that was uncool of her, considering you are already paying an agreed-upon amount. But she's just being legal, more than being uncool. Consider it something you don't have to pay filing fees for. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">