• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bailey19782000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

my husband pays child support for his 3 year old son who lives in ohio. today his employer told him that they sent her a notice to terminate the support only they didnt say why. he has filed for custody of his son ( he is currently in the care of his maternal grandmother bcuz his mom lost him to cps) can anyone tell me why they would sop the order?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

my husband pays child support for his 3 year old son who lives in ohio. today his employer told him that they sent her a notice to terminate the support only they didnt say why. he has filed for custody of his son ( he is currently in the care of his maternal grandmother bcuz his mom lost him to cps) can anyone tell me why they would sop the order?
Why did his employer send her a notice? They don't have the power to do that. Only a COURT or CSEA can terminate the support order.

bailey19782000

sorry for not being clearer. the child support enforcement agency sent my husbands employer a notice to stop withholding child support. They never sent him anything in the mail so we have no idea why. Also they wouldnt tell him anything over the phone so of course he is confused out of his mind and worried that somehow this is either going to cause him to behind when they file another order or that possibly the guardian recieved custody.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sorry for not being clearer. the child support enforcement agency sent my husbands employer a notice to stop withholding child support. They never sent him anything in the mail so we have no idea why. Also they wouldnt tell him anything over the phone so of course he is confused out of his mind and worried that somehow this is either going to cause him to behind when they file another order or that possibly the guardian recieved custody.
The caseworker SHOULD tell him what is going on. Can you go online and access his account that way?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">