• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? California (San Francisco)
I filed for an uncontest/agreement divorce 1 year & 2 months ago with Joint/Share Custody for my 4 year old son. Somehow the process got delayed due to lost paperworks & misfilings from the divorce preparation services. My question is, filing for an uncontested divorce with Joint Custody, do we need to indicate the child support amount on the agreement sheet? Or only the court has the authorization to decide the amount? Does it need to be stated on the agreement? My wife & I are sharing the costs for my child's expenses, like pre-school fees, etc..., but my son is residing with my wife's parents during weekdays & comes back during weekends & holidays. Please help me out, so I can fill out the right statement on my forms. Thanks.


Senior Member
If you are going to indicate some dollar amount of support, make sure you use CA guidelines to do it. CA takes into consideration the income of both parents and the amount of time each parent has the child.

To get an idea of what guideline support should be, go to:


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential