• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Texas

my fiance has 2 children that he has been paying child support on for a few years, he just found out one of the children is not his. I understand that he probably cant stop child support payments because he originally rejected the acknowledgment of paternity in the beginning. What else are his options? Can he give up his rights to that child? If he does attain a lawyer to what benefit would it be if the payments do not cease for that particular child?


He would have to go down to the courthouse and file a motions for paternity testing. Only after the DNA tests prove he isn't the father can this issue be resolved by the courts in a legal manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential