• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benz44

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?I'm from the state of Illinois. My questions is does the law take into account concerning child support, that I'm on commission therefore my income is not always guaranteed. With that said can I be incarsarated for failing to pay. Part b is that i'm part owner of the company. how would this scenario play in child support?

benz44 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?I'm from the state of Illinois. My questions is does the law take into account concerning child support, that I'm on commission therefore my income is not always guaranteed. With that said can I be incarsarated for failing to pay. Part b is that i'm part owner of the company. how would this scenario play in child support?
Child support in Illinois (as I know it) is based on the yearly income of the NCP (not how much you get in a given month) Example: If you recieve 10,000 one month, but 0 the next you will still pay the ordered amount all year round.
Yes you can be jailed for not paying, but you will be given more than enough chances to pay up before that happens. If you are part owner in a business (I hope the other partner isn't someone real close to home....GF/Wife) Because judges tend to view this as intentionally trying to reduce income for CS purposes, but inflate home income. I hope that isn't the case! Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">