• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shay1978

Hello,I live in hindsville,Arkansas,I have 5 children,1 is not biologically mine,my wife was pregnant with him when I met her. He is 13 yrs old now. He got into a bit of trouble and we ended up in court. We showed up to court and his biological father showed up along with my wifes mother and stepfather. We knew nothing of this until we got there,her mother got to speak to the judge and made up a bunch of lies,talked very badly about us,telling the judge we abused our kids and did not feed them,had sexual relations in front of them,etc. Which was not true. The judge informed us that she wanted an officer and my sons prob. Officer to go to our house and take pictures of our living conditions. Our house was a little messy. The judge had us return to court. Since our home was messy,she took our children away and awarded custody of my 13 yr old to his biological father. My question is? Since the biological father has not been in our sons life until recently,how did he custody and how do we get child support out of the biological father? My wife contacted him and told him she was pregnant in the beginning and he ignored her and wanted nothing to do with his child until now. I raised him and he is my son,my wife and I both raised him. What can we do?

Just Blue

Hello,I live in hindsville,Arkansas,I have 5 children,1 is not biologically mine,my wife was pregnant with him when I met her. He is 13 yrs old now. He got into a bit of trouble and we ended up in court. We showed up to court and his biological father showed up along with my wifes mother and stepfather. We knew nothing of this until we got there,her mother got to speak to the judge and made up a bunch of lies,talked very badly about us,telling the judge we abused our kids and did not feed them,had sexual relations in front of them,etc. Which was not true. The judge informed us that she wanted an officer and my sons prob. Officer to go to our house and take pictures of our living conditions. Our house was a little messy. The judge had us return to court. Since our home was messy,she took our children away and awarded custody of my 13 yr old to his biological father. My question is? Since the biological father has not been in our sons life until recently,how did he custody and how do we get child support out of the biological father? My wife contacted him and told him she was pregnant in the beginning and he ignored her and wanted nothing to do with his child until now. I raised him and he is my son,my wife and I both raised him. What can we do?
He is not legally you son. If you had adopted him THEN he would be your child. B?\ut, for whatever reason, you did not.

Shay1978

I signed the birth certificate when he was born,and he has my last name.ihave been there the whole time through out his life. What about my wife? Does his mother have any rights? What can she do?

Eekamouse

I signed the birth certificate when he was born,and he has my last name.ihave been there the whole time through out his life. What about my wife? Does his mother have any rights? What can she do?
So you lied on the birth certificate? Why would you do that? And if he has the child now, why do you think he should be paying you guys child support?

Shay1978

I was told that if I did sign,I would be his father. The mother tried to talk to him and he avoids her and did not want to be in his life until now. I wanted to be a father and I was ready and I love his mother and him very much.

Eekamouse

I was told that if I did sign,I would be his father. The mother tried to talk to him and he avoids her and did not want to be in his life until now. I wanted to be a father and I was ready and I love his mother and him very much.
But now you want this guy's money? What for? If you consider yourself the dad, why do you think he owes you anything?

Eekamouse

So should I just let it go? Do not fight for him? Do nothing? Is that what you are saying?
WHY do you think this man owes you child support for a child he now has custody of? That makes no sense. What does make sense is that your wife is going to end up paying HIM child support for this child.

Eekamouse

He was never in his life and never wanted to be until now, 13 yrs later.
Are you saying he should pay you guys child support for the 13 years he wasn't in the child's life? Was there ever a court order for child support? Doubtful since you freely admit you lied on the child's birth certificate and claimed to be the father. He doesn't owe your wife or you a penny. She, on the other hand, will likely be paying child support to him now that he has custody.

Shay1978

Really to be honest,I could care less about the child support. I just want him home,in the court papers it says temp. Custody. I was just reading over them. My wife was the one wanting him to pay.

Shay1978

I could care less about the money. The house is clean and will stay that way. The judge said if keep it clean,we get all the children back at the next court date. It also states this in the court documents

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">