• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Tax Credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? Md

As im sure alot of you already know that people with kids get this child tax credit...Well my ex & i have been seperated 1yr exactly but we decided to file jointly last year with taxes so we didnt get killed with owing $$$...My question is, is she entitled to any of this money...She doesnt make the required amount to be considered for this...The check will come to my house but it will have both of our names on it...Do i need her signature to deposit this money?

I know this sounds petty/selfish but this is a gal that has done quite a few numbers to including stealing a grand from my checking account by electronically debiting her own bills....

annefan

As im sure alot of you already know that people with kids get this child tax credit...Well my ex & i have been seperated 1yr exactly but we decided to file jointly last year with taxes so we didnt get killed with owing $$$...My question is, is she entitled to any of this money...

*Yes

She doesnt make the required amount to be considered for this...

*The required amount to be considered for what...the tax advance of $400 per child? If she was eligible to take the child tax credit last year along with you, chances are she will be eligible without your income. The law was passed to increase the child tax credit (previously $600 per child, now $1000 per child). The only eligibility for the increase is that the child must have been born after 1986 to qualify. If the child was born before 1986, there will be no $400 advance check sent by IRS.

The check will come to my house but it will have both of our names on it...Do i need her signature to deposit this money?

* Yes, you need her signature to deposit the check.

I know this sounds petty/selfish but this is a gal that has done quite a few numbers to including stealing a grand from my checking account by electronically debiting her own bills....

* Spouses seem to do that kind of thing, you know...comingle debts and assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">