• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt123mim

What is the name of your state?California
My ex wants to have our two children for 1/2 of the summer even though he has nothing planned for them while he is working. The judge in February of this year set up another court date in July to determine if the kids should spend half the summer with their father dependent upon their visit during their spring break. Spring break went well with dad, though they came home early. Is this 1/2 time summer spent with dad in relation to the fact that I took him to court in February for more child support? If so how would 1/2 of the summer spent with dad effect my support? I have primary custody and it works out to be 80% time with mom 20% time with dad, as it stands.

nextwife

And why shouldn't a father be entitled to spend half the summer with his kids? If you get them the rest of the year, what is the problem with their own dad having his own time with them? Is he a drug dealer or something unsavory?

There are plenty of options open for him to plan once he KNOWS they will be there- day camp, programs through the local rec department, even some day care. That is HIS choice.

K

krispenstpeter

Who really cares why dad is wanting them for 1/2 of the summer? I don't. Listen, there are thousands of kids without fathers who give a damn, for whatever reason. Be thankful for the children that dad is there.

As for your support, besides thinking this has more to do with YOUR issues than with Dad's, the support order stands as written unless changed by a court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'd like my kids home more than the two weeks I have alloted over the summer. Do I have anything planned for them? Nothing definite - since to make it definite I'd have to pay - not something I'm going to do if I don't know they'll be here.

Lighten up and let Dad and the kids have time together. It'll be good for all of them.

K

krispenstpeter

Is he a drug dealer or something unsavory?
Hell no, not THAT!!!

He's just abused her and talked dirty to women on the internet. :D

K

krispenstpeter

It figures that's all you'd get out of it instead the legal advice I gave you. Lady, you're a piece of work.

nextwife

Well, Dear, if he is merely a divorced father why is there such a big question mark about him getting ONLY half a summer? Many NCPs get almost all of the summer. And he can plan or not plan how they spend that time together-it's his call when it's his time.

K

krispenstpeter

O.K. let's look at EVERY issue in this post.

My ex wants to have our two children for 1/2 of the summer even though he has nothing planned for them while he is working.
And what exactly do you have planned for them when you have to work? Oh right, school. And what about summer when they are with you? Oh right, summer school.

The judge in February of this year set up another court date in July to determine if the kids should spend half the summer with their father dependent upon their visit during their spring break. Spring break went well with dad, though they came home early.
Then he should be flogged and lose his parental rights. Such a crime to come home early.

Is this 1/2 time summer spent with dad in relation to the fact that I took him to court in February for more child support?
Good question. But the ONLY PERSON who can answer that is the ex.

If so how would 1/2 of the summer spent with dad effect my support?
Good question. But the ONLY PERSON who can answer that (besides the answer I already gave you) is THE JUDGE.

I have primary custody and it works out to be 80% time with mom 20% time with dad, as it stands.
Thank you for the facts. But how are they relevant to any of your issues?

Simply put, the children's father has as much right to have them as you do. And if he wants to spend time with them over the summer outside of what the current visitation order stipulates, then he is doing things correctly by returning to court for an amendment to the current order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">