• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children's rights to sleep in only 2 homes, not 3?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valgaino

Kids have said sometimes on Thursday's too (and every other weekend). I know if it was me - I wouldn't want to spend nights in 3 different places during a week. Imagine always having everything you need ready for work (school) and your routine and bed being different so often. Suck it up? Why don't you try the schedule out?...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Eh...the children having the extra stressor one day every two weeks is petty and minor. If its 5 school days out of 10, its less petty and less minor.
No, it's STILL very irrelevant. Waking up 20 minutes early is not a stressor unless the parent makes it such. MOM is the one with the problem here, not the kids.

Zigner

Kids have said sometimes on Thursday's too (and every other weekend). I know if it was me - I wouldn't want to spend nights in 3 different places during a week. Imagine always having everything you need ready for work (school) and your routine and bed being different so often. Suck it up? Why don't you try the schedule out?...
Yeah, it sucks to be the children of divorced parents...instead of feeding in to this, you should realize that this can make them stronger and more capable adults. Encourage them to learn that things don't always happen on a specific schedule in life and one needs to learn a bit of flexibility...one needs to learn to roll with the punches.

(This is great advice for you, too)

LdiJ

No, it's STILL very irrelevant. Waking up 20 minutes early is not a stressor unless the parent makes it such. MOM is the one with the problem here, not the kids.
If you had to wake up my almost 6 year old grandson for school in the morning you would NOT say that getting up 20 minutes early wasn't a stressor...LOL.

Just Blue

I did. With my eldest. Result was/is a very VERY adaptable child/adult. So adaptable that a few months ago she woke up in San Fran, had dinner in Boston and went to sleep in Hong Kong.

Eekamouse

Mom needs to accept the reality that she doesn't get to dictate what goes on when the children are with dad. She sure wouldn't like it if dad tried dictating things in her life.

Just Blue

It's just not a big deal. I would be more concerned if my kiddo's were "stressing" over such a minor thing. Perhaps therapy to learn some coping skills?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So - one day a week? Uumm..... I can think of times when my kids slept at Grammy's one school night a week. At 24 & 27? Not traumatized. Not at all. Seriously - this is a nonstarter.

xylene

Why doesn't dad's girl stay at dad's house.

I think there is a power trip thing going on. It's pretty easy to seen how that would be stressful without the logistics.

Divorce makes adaptable children? :sneaky:

xylene

A 30 minute school commute isn't a mountain, but it is more than a molehill.

Dad can do sex stuff with his girlfriend at his own house.

Zigner

A 30 minute school commute isn't a mountain, but it is more than a molehill.

Dad can do sex stuff with his girlfriend at his own house.
It's a 20 minute drive from one place to another. The kids are still riding their bikes for the 10 minutes to school. I'm thinking a molehill is an exaggeration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">