• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childs father evading being served papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just as an FYI in some states person shown on a birth certificate might not have signed the affidavit of paternity (AOP), and it is generally the AOP that is needed to establish paternity without going to court when the parents are not married. This is another one of those things in which the applicable state law varies.
I agree that you never said otherwise...but the post quoted above mentions that the various states' laws vary, and that is irrelevant. Tennessee law applies.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I agree that you never said otherwise...but the post quoted above mentions that the various states' laws vary, and that is irrelevant. Tennessee law applies.
I was simply providing additional information, as I indicated in my post. Do you have a problem with that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">