• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation for fialure to control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ishboo

What is the name of your state? Ohio

So this morning snow was pouring down and there was a good inch on the roads with no plows or tire tracks in sight. I went to make a right turn at a modest speed of 3-5 mph when my car began to skid and i knew I couldn't complete the turn because there was a UPS truck right there so I turned hard tot he left, by front fender hit his steel bumper leaving one minor scratch of paint from my car but my fender was damaged a little. I got cited with failure to control my vehicle and I have an upcoming court date, my main worry is that I'm 16 years old and there is this law:
If a probationary driver license holder under the age of 17 is convicted of having committed one moving violation during the first six months of having a driver's license, the person must be accompanied by a parent or guardian whenever operating a motor vehicle during the six-month period commencing on the date on which the person is convicted of or pleads guilty to the moving violation or until the person turns 17.
I will have had my license for 6 months in 4 days from now, if I get convicted in court will this happen to me and do you think there would be any hope in contesting in saying that the roads were uncontrollable and the truck was about 2 feet past the stop sign which I have pictures of. WOuld thaere be any hope in that direction?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">