• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City water laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deeharris

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Is it legal in Washington for a city to charge me for water if they aren't providing it

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Is it legal in Washington for a city to charge me for water if they aren't providing it
Probably.

Why isn't the city providing you with water?

In Michigan, home of the "Flint Water Crisis," Flint residents were charged for City water and water services even when the water was toxic and could not be used or consumed (of course, in the Flint water situation, there were numerous lawsuits filed as a result).

Just Blue

Probably.

Why isn't the city providing you with water?

In Michigan, home of the "Flint Water Crisis," Flint residents were charged for City water and water services even when the water was toxic and could not be used or consumed (of course, in the Flint water situation, there were numerous lawsuits filed as a result).
When I saw that on the news I was outraged. Talk about insult to injury!!! :mad:

Back in the day (40+ years ago) I remember my Mom stating she would NOT pay the water bill. She was pissed that with a 400.00 bill was a warning that we had to boil the water before drinking it. She made a "stink" with the Mayors office and never paid for water till it was safe to drink from the tap.

quincy

When I saw that on the news I was outraged. Talk about insult to injury!!! :mad:

Back in the day (40+ years ago) I remember my Mom stating she would NOT pay the water bill. She was pissed that with a 400.00 bill was a warning that we had to boil the water before drinking it. She made a "stink" with the Mayors office and never paid for water till it was safe to drink from the tap.
Good for your mom! :) People need to be vocal about unjust charges.

Being billed for city water services when your own house is not hooked up to city water (perhaps because you have a well), however, can be legal because the payments are to cover water used by, say, the city fire departments. This is a legitimate charge because all city residents benefit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">