• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Cases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarabelle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was on here a few weeks ago about my Pitbull that killed a neighbours puppy.... I have been to the Magistrate Court. I have already paid the vet bill and my fees to the court and animal control. My question now concerns the Civil Court. I was wondering in GA How long does someone have to file a Civil Case? I am not certian but a little nervous that my neighbours will be filing one. How will I know? Will I get served?

latigo

I assume that you had homeowners or renters liability insurance in place at the time.

If your policy does not exclude injuries inflicted by dogs or animals in general, or specifically excludes liability coverage for pit bull terriers, then be sure that your insurance carrier is notified of the incident. Do not wait for the lawsuit before doing so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">