• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Liberties violated from artistic expression?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kchanel07

What is the name of your state? OREGON

This will be somewhat VAGUE I know! Trying to avoid direct details and still Trying to lay things out before getting into details! please be patient!

I work at a State Regulated Job full time. Recently new rules and regulations were brought up and are now being enforced from past events that took place about rules that were never instructed or available .

I work at a place that is state regulated. My employers ultimately answer to the state as I answer to my employer. They have strong "Religious and Medical backgrounds" It has become apparent lately that my "character" and choices OUTSIDE the workplace but within the community don't positively reflect there direct image or the community. Along with certain views I have expressed to my employees IE: Not a fan of religion, holidays, character development for the "better good" on judgments they feel are superior because of there quote "Training to get where they are" I work for a company that is multi million dollar per year and proceeds, IE: about 15-35-45%. Go back to the community.

People who live in a political view or Image...somewhat I understand but don't believe in or care for.

Now! to elaborate some more in depth. I recently had a mishap with the law while intoxicated in public and openly expressed it my employer. No I didn't miss any work because of it. No its isn't even a serious offense. Had too much to drink and somewhat of a silly bar/fight incident arouse and escalated.

Now hopefully this is somewhat coming together and making some sense? To further more complicate the situation recently a shop lifting incident arouse where I pursued the person away from the company and retrieved there ID without ANY physically detainment or contact, only mild harassment. Also added to my already building "violent image"

To add to the mess, my employers typed my name in on MY-SPACE (internet webspace for personal use) . and what was viewed added EVEN MORE to the thoughts of what a "BAD Character" they have me pegged for.

We have had multiple meetings at work and even some out side of work where character assassination takes place upon me for views, actions and beliefs I wield. They will make statements about things I explained above, and others but will replace my name with

"I WONT SAY NAMES BUT ONE EMPLOYEE"...leaving few thoughts to the imagination who it would be. Even knowing there is less than 25 employees.

Now with that little bit of mostly vague background info I have a few questions about working in an OUTWILL state when your employers might find your character outside the workplace NON PLEASING.

I work hard, very hard. My fellow employers . Employess (except my current bosses) no doubt would testify I would harder than they do. I give a decent level of fairing service to everyone served. Some more than others but non the less a min level of SERVICE is always more than intended or even needed! This is my full time job. I also work online part time and on the weekends making more money than working 40hours a week at this company.

I had once informed my employers of this and they were suited ok with it. After time with recent events and just time of thinking character development would proceed as THEY THOUGHT BEST. but did not happen.

NOW!! My questions are: As long as I perform my job as required and pass regulated drug screens working in an outwill state can I pursue lawsuits for character assassinations, defamation of character to the community or possibly losing my job

I have thought about laying this out for a local lawyer with all the details. This seems like its become a personal issues from my employer from somewhat confiding in them when asked from THERE RELIGIOUS AND MEDICAL background. Maybe I was a fool?!

tranquility

Yes, they can tell others what you tell them. They and others can make judgments on that information, even if those judgments reflect poorly on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">