• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COBRA info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

I did. I left her a VM... even told her that I had an appointment at 245 this afternoon for x-rays and stuff and would appreciate a call before then. She never did call me back. That's why I called the insurer. The doctor's office also called the insurer to verify coverage before doing the x-rays.
Unfortunately, none of those calls guarantees coverage. As was stated earlier (and review the health insurance forum for other horror stories), the coverage can still be terminated retroactively. However, when you pick up coverage and pay the astronomical premiums, the coverage will backdate, so it will eventually take care of itself.

ecmst12

Exactly, get the treatment you need. If it turns out coverage ended sooner then you thought, then you can just pay for cobra for the amount of time you'll need it (well, in 1 month increments)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And to answer your question upthread, the regulatory agency for COBRA violations is the US DOL.

mskeg

Federal Government Contacts for COBRA disputes

Thought this might help, found it on a website.

Kansas City Regional Office 1100 Main, Ste 1200 Kansas City, MO 64105-2112 Gregory Egan, Regional Director 816-426-5131 Fax: 426-5511

St. Louis District Office 815 Olive St, Rm. 338 St. Louis, MO 63101-1559 Gary Newman, District Supervisor 314-539-2693 Fax: 539-2697

Serving: Colorado, southern Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">