• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting Debt from a business owed to individual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thedude2014

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Hello, Could someone kindly refer me to an example letter or briefly explain what a demand letter to a business from an individual should contain. I cellular company that I was formerly in contract with has refused to pay a disclosed amount. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Hello, Could someone kindly refer me to an example letter or briefly explain what a demand letter to a business from an individual should contain. I cellular company that I was formerly in contract with has refused to pay a disclosed amount. Thanks.
How about "Please pay me the money within the next 10 days."?

thedude2014

Thanks for reply

I have asked the mobile company politely over the phone and with a supervisor twice, dating back two months. The situation has turned to a contract dispute (termination and device charge). I did have a copy sent from the company that clearly states reasons that a contract can be terminated without imposing a penalty. I qualified in two areas per the contract. I also have contract proof that there was no charge for the mobile device. I am asking for the deposit that was to be refunded per the contract.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have asked the mobile company politely over the phone and with a supervisor twice, dating back two months. The situation has turned to a contract dispute (termination and device charge). I did have a copy sent from the company that clearly states reasons that a contract can be terminated without imposing a penalty. I qualified in two areas per the contract. I also have contract proof that there was no charge for the mobile device. I am asking for the deposit that was to be refunded per the contract.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
You will need to refer to the contract in order to find out your recourse. It likely involves actual written letters followed by some sort of arbitration.

thedude2014

Letters/collection

Thank you again. Would you suggest a certified letter stating that the contract terms were broken and proof of this claim. Would my demand for payment also be in this same letter or should I separate the two?

As I was was writing this response, I have now received a letter from a collection agency that was sent from this cellular company. And not to my surprize as it is a collection company, I am being asked to pay a debt. I must assume that my first step of action with this would be a denial of debt letter (certified mail).

Apologize for the ongoing issue and appreciate the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">