• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collection agencies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celestetx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

HELP time sensitive****************************
I was given a citation from a collection agency that has taken over the account from a previous agency, the original creditor Home Depot is no longer listed on credit report .
I am not able to see when the last transaction is, how can I find that information ? Waht does iit mean that they are not on the report any longer?
I know the last transaction is in 2003 when laid off from job. The 4 year SOL should apply. Has the current agency re-aged my account and what grounds do I have with them can I ask them to cease and not end up in court?:When I received the citation at my door I called the agency and they offered some outragous amount for a payment schedule. If I had that sort of money at my disposal in a lump sum I would not be where I am today, I told them it was unacceptable and by law I have 10 days to make a decision of what my plans are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">