• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

makeugohmmm

Have you formally disputed the findings?
That's the thing!! They've never even reported any findings to the school! The school is telling me I have to get the report to them in 30 days or I'm gone. The only reason I kind of know what's going on is I called the background check place today. They told me that it's showing I have 2 dwi's. I told them about my cousin and she said, " they have a very high volume and that they don't know how long it will take". Can I sue them if I lose my job? LOL.

makeugohmmm

Part of me is actually kind of upset with my employer. Is it really my responsibility to make sure they get their background check back. I'm not trying to make my employer angry though. I need this job. I like this job. It's a good starting place for me.

makeugohmmm

Update in case anyone cares. LOL

Update to my dilemma,

After calling the background check every morning they finally let me know I am cleared and they sent the paperwork to my employer today. :) Squeaky wheel and all that. LOL. Thanks for the help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Update to my dilemma,

After calling the background check every morning they finally let me know I am cleared and they sent the paperwork to my employer today. :) Squeaky wheel and all that. LOL. Thanks for the help.
Congratulations! I'm glad this worked out for you :)

commentator

I also have a very common name. In fact, there is a celebrity who lives in this area who has the same name as I do! If marriage or some such plan isn't in the cards to change your name any time real soon, I suggest that you (1) consider changing your name legally to be different from that of your cousin in some way, as in middle name or different spelling and (2) always, always, when doing anything where a credit check or background check may come up, inform your prospective employer or the entity of the situation immediately and let them know that this may come up. Work with the background checking companies and credit bureaus to get anything and everything that is NOT YOU removed from your particular credit and background history. Glad you got this worked out.

makeugohmmm

Thank you! The funniest thing is, when I ran my own background check I found two of her speeding tickets must have somehow ended up on my driving record. They were from 2001 and 2004 so, no big deal? But I wonder how much more I will have to deal with this. You can tell the DWIs weren't me because of the birth date, but the two speeding tickets had my birthday on them. So I don't know how that is even possible. And I also don't know how much more I've been paying in Insurance back then. LOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">