• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company debt being given to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bci

CA demanding I pay company dept

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am being named as the owner of a debt belonging to a incorporated company that I worked for. This company is now closed and they owe about $200 in debt for an ad they placed. I was the Manager who signed the paperwork and the representative who filled out the paperwork put me down as co-owner. I am not on the articles of incorporation as a shareholder nor as a executive. I was paid as a manager and recieved a w-2. I was an authorized signer of checks as well. Can I be made responsible for this debt. The attorney who has been calling me says on the messages that they intend to sue me. The CA is a big firm out of Louisiana who brag that only 5% of thier recoveries even have to go to court. I told this attorney what I have just told you, but he keeps calling me. He said he is going on the information that has been supplied to him and it says I am the co-owner. I even asked him if he had tried to find out who the owner of the corpration was. This bill is made out to the company and it even says to bill to same company, but I did sign an authorization. I don't think the business was put into bankruptcy. Can this debt really belong to me personally. The businees is/was incorporated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">