• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for the Injury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SBLB

What is the name of your state? MASSACHUSETTS

My husband had a serious eye injury at work in June 2005. He received worker's compensation while out of work. He returned to work in August of 2005 but he is still seeing the doctors because he needs to have more surgeries in the future. Worker's comp said that the days he misses work for the appointments he would receive pay. He has had 6 doctor's appointments and as of today he still has not received a check for the pay they prommised. Before thanksgiving they said they mailed it...still haven't received anything. It is virtually impossible to get anyone on the telephone when you call. Usually worker's comp will set up a taxi to drive him to and from the appointments, but last time the taxi never came.

I have a few questions...what can we do to get worker's comp to cooperate as well as they did when he was out of work?

shouldn't he be compensated for his injury? He can't see, will need to have transplants and surgeries for the rest of his life.... you hear about scar money and things, but i was told because worker's comp is involved there is nothing of the sorts...is this true?

Please help...my husband and I are really frustrated! :(

tjr5150

SBLB said:
What is the name of your state? MASSACHUSETTS

My husband had a serious eye injury at work in June 2005. He received worker's compensation while out of work. He returned to work in August of 2005 but he is still seeing the doctors because he needs to have more surgeries in the future. Worker's comp said that the days he misses work for the appointments he would receive pay. He has had 6 doctor's appointments and as of today he still has not received a check for the pay they prommised. Before thanksgiving they said they mailed it...still haven't received anything. It is virtually impossible to get anyone on the telephone when you call. Usually worker's comp will set up a taxi to drive him to and from the appointments, but last time the taxi never came.

I have a few questions...what can we do to get worker's comp to cooperate as well as they did when he was out of work?

shouldn't he be compensated for his injury? He can't see, will need to have transplants and surgeries for the rest of his life.... you hear about scar money and things, but i was told because worker's comp is involved there is nothing of the sorts...is this true?

Please help...my husband and I are really frustrated! :(
Are you sure he will need surgeries and transplants for the rest of his life?
Also scar money is called a difigurement award. This is money you can ask for after you have recieved a impairiment rating and you have come to an agreement on settleing your case. In most states your only aloud $2000.00 dollars, but all states are different.

SBLB

Response

Yes we are sure he will need surgeries for the rest of his life.

He is going to be having a cornea transplant and the doctor said that is good for 10 years and that he will have another at that time and so on and so forth. My husband is only 27 so you can only immagine how many surgeries he will have to have by the time he passes away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">