• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint Website Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paddywakk

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I have been a customer support "war" with a sneaker company. They refused to make good on a return of a pair of shoes and have ignored 5 years of repeated e-mails about the issue. A rational person would call it quits and let it go. I'm not feeling very rational and had an idea that I thought would be entertaining.

If I set up a website called "www."sneakercompanyname"SUCKS.com" and I tell my story, keeping everything as my own opinion of their product;

Is this against the law?

I understand I might get some nasty letters from their legal counsel, I also understand that they could cause me a lot of grief by suing me anyway, but any feedback on this type of approach? My end goal/objective is to have their customer support team take me seriously as a consumer.

Thanks in advance!
A five year battle over a $50 pair of shoes? Time to move on

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">