• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of Interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

s_hill1

What constitutes a conflict of interest? If I'm represented by "b" from the law office of "a, b and c", and there is a separation between "a and b", and the third lawyer "c" at some later date long after my case is done, is there a conflict of interest if "c" is found to be representing the opposing party in a case that involves me?

S

s_hill1

GAAAAAKKKK!!

Ohhhhhhh!! I C Yo' I C Fo' Yo' C I C Yo' C, C?

HomeGuru

That's very nice but what is your question in plain English? Or are you going to be Vanna White and spin letters all week?

S

s_hill1

Sorry. A did not c your ? being serious. Let me try again.

-------------------------------
Law office of:
Curly, Moe and Larry represent: me in Case 1

Later:
Curly becomes separate from: Moe and Larry, who now are
"not a partnership"

Law office of:
Curly, atty for party opposing: me in Case 2

-------------------------------
Question:
Does it present Curly as -

* former counsel acting in support of my interests,

and, having assumed a position as -

* current counsel acting in opposition of my interests,

to be acting with conflict of interest?
-----------------------
In addum to 'em:
Expate Motion for Order of Continuance to Appeal, Order for Reasonable Access, Declaration in Support, Declaration, Order - denied, "w/o prejudice" 12/12/00

The clerk of the court, however, provided a copy of the clerk's record which was especially nice, given that the one time I was led to assume reasonable access to retrieve my own records, it turned out being to allow a loaded gun to be held at my son's head.

Noting an additional post from California w/same scenerio, I'm given to conclude California's Civil Code of Procedure, particular to Mobile Home Residency Law, serves less purpose and meaning than Dr. Seuse's "Green Eggs and Ham."

Aside the particulars of my own current demise, how does one go about effecting change to the handling, application of law and fair treatment in matters like this because, currently, California's approach pretty much sucks.

[Edited by s_hill1 on 12-13-2000 at 11:02 AM]

HomeGuru

That is a definite conflict of interest. Since you failed to state the applicable State, Shemp can not do the Curley Shuffle.

S

s_hill1

It's okay, Shim. The parts about, "Noting an additional post from California....California's Civil Code...currently California's approach pretty much sucks," probably woulda got by me too, but I bet ya still do a pretty good shuffle, anyhow.

This whole thing is so ridiculously wrong, I'm about ready to just give up being "lawful" (sorta like being "normal" - I don't think THAT one flies around here, either!). I've never spent so much time with anything so obvious, and had so much cud-chewing dribble as response. This legal system has either gotta be bought off, beyond corruption or the biggest bunch of dumb&^%$s I've ever seen. Likely spend their most productive hours making faces at themselves in mirrors.

I know what it is. I've stumbled into the Evil Vortex of the Universe. It's the only explanation. These people are probably all rolled off of trucks, as creepy, humanoid-seeking, larva-pods.

But, I've learned a lesson. Next investment will be in a mobile home park, liquid assets, like fishin' in a barrel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">