• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflicting laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Though I'm not much of a beer fan, the winery tours (and buying an armful of the good stuff to take home) I'd enjoy.
Detroit has several excellent breweries. Several offer decent food, too. Michigan also has some good wineries, mostly up North, but I prefer the local breweries for their atmosphere and “game day” clientele.

Obviously we all know more about wineries and breweries than we do sawmills. Haha.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Detroit wouldn't have been a spot I'd think of when I hear the word winery. That said, I've seen wineries around the country in some of the most unlikely places (at least to me) to put one so it's not all that surprising that you'd have some in the Detroit area too. Small wineries and breweries also seem to have owners who are pretty passionate about it, and it shows in the product they put out.

quincy

Detroit wouldn't have been a spot I'd think of when I hear the word winery. That said, I've seen wineries around the country in some of the most unlikely places (at least to me) to put one so it's not all that surprising that you'd have some in the Detroit area too. Small wineries and breweries also seem to have owners who are pretty passionate about it, and it shows in the product they put out.
Little known fact: One of the first vineyards in North America was located in Detroit. It was established by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac in 1702. And today, one of the largest urban wineries in the country is located in Detroit (Detroit Vineyards).

That said, Michigan wineries are mostly located in northern Michigan but the breweries are located throughout the state, with Detroit having some excellent ones.

In my state we have a large number of microbreweries who will happily sell you bottles of their product if you go the brewery.

Some car manufacturers sell direct to the consumer too. For example, Ford has a program where you can buy your new Ford directly from Ford online and get a loan for it from Ford's finance division at the same time. Ford protects its dealers by not undercutting them much on the prices, but it is an option for those who want to avoid the high pressure sales tactics found at some dealerships.
But if you buy your car direct from Ford, you can't go to the factory to pick it up, it has to be sent to a franchised dealership where you take delivery, with the added delivery charge of course.
I'm sure if there was a loophole in this law Tesla would have found it by now, oh wait ;)
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-2nd-nm-tribal-land-store-bypass-direct-sales-ban/
Problem is that the dealership is just on the edge of the battery range, plus I don't want a Tesla.
But it's been an interesting conversation, and thanks for the monopoly definition explanation.

Thanks all.

quincy

But if you buy your car direct from Ford, you can't go to the factory to pick it up, it has to be sent to a franchised dealership where you take delivery, with the added delivery charge of course.
I'm sure if there was a loophole in this law Tesla would have found it by now, oh wait ;)
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-2nd-nm-tribal-land-store-bypass-direct-sales-ban/
Problem is that the dealership is just on the edge of the battery range, plus I don't want a Tesla.
But it's been an interesting conversation, and thanks for the monopoly definition explanation.

Thanks all.
The conversation took a bit of a turn so you probably learned more about wineries and breweries than you expected to, given your question. :)

I think you are smart to avoid a Tesla.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">