• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflicting stories of what happened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I’m not sure if you’re still around but I wanted to update anyway. Her insurance wouldn’t accept responsibility so I had to hire a lawyer. My case got delayed because the driver at fault died from unrelated injuries so the family had to hire a lawyer. I have a deposition coming up in a few weeks and a trial set for May. I’m very nervous and don’t know what to expect. I’m not sure if her death will help or hurt my case.
Considering that she can no longer testify, I would think it helps your case, in general. Thank you for coming back to update us.

adjusterjack

I'm still here, too. I agree that the other driver's death might work to your advantage. But, as I said earlier, the driver behind you is your key witness.

As for your deposition, have your lawyer put you through a mock deposition to prepare you for it. The insurance company's lawyer is going to be very good and very persistent. If your lawyer doesn't have time to do that see if you can find sample transcripts of auto accident depositions online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">