• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy, attempt, and disobeying a lawful order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deadman23

So here it goes. Me and my friend went to the club on a Saturday night we made a plan I wouldn't drink we would take his car and he could drink. So as the night went on I grew tired and was ready to leave. At this point I was exhausted he Then told me that it was a girl he wanted to bring with home with home back on post. I said cool let's go. So we all got in the vehicle we departed to post. as we arrived to post he and her went into the the guard shack to try to sign her in where she was then notified that she couldn't come in. At this time I was sleep in the car they came back to the car where they explained to me just simply that she couldn't come through the gate so I asked him what should we do? He said well let's go through another gates explained to him that I didn't think that would work. So after contemplating and arguing we went to the other gate on our attempt again to get on the post as we were in route the girl said **** it Ima get in the trunk and from the back seat climbed in the trunk of the vehicle I looked my friend and said aye man this your car your girl sure enough the gate guards checked the vehicle and found the girl in the trunk. But because I was the driver I'm being charged with the charges at hand I feel numb to it all and feel that it is unussimply because it wasn't my girl idea or car it was raining cold I just wanted to get on post to my bed . How can I suppress these charges

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So here it goes. Me and my friend went to the club on a Saturday night we made a plan I wouldn't drink we would take his car and he could drink. So as the night went on I grew tired and was ready to leave. At this point I was exhausted he Then told me that it was a girl he wanted to bring with home with home back on post. I said cool let's go. So we all got in the vehicle we departed to post. as we arrived to post he and her went into the the guard shack to try to sign her in where she was then notified that she couldn't come in. At this time I was sleep in the car they came back to the car where they explained to me just simply that she couldn't come through the gate so I asked him what should we do? He said well let's go through another gates explained to him that I didn't think that would work. So after contemplating and arguing we went to the other gate on our attempt again to get on the post as we were in route the girl said **** it Ima get in the trunk and from the back seat climbed in the trunk of the vehicle I looked my friend and said aye man this your car your girl sure enough the gate guards checked the vehicle and found the girl in the trunk. But because I was the driver I'm being charged with the charges at hand I feel numb to it all and feel that it is unussimply because it wasn't my girl idea or car it was raining cold I just wanted to get on post to my bed . How can I suppress these charges
Why SHOULD'T you face the charges? I don't even know what they are, but I can guess they have to do with trying to "smuggle" an authorized person on to the base.

xylene

How were you asleeep in the car if you were driving?

This story makes very little sense.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The point of having a designated driver is to have someone sober and clear thinking behind the wheel.

A sober, clear thinking person in the military knows why they are not supposed to smuggle people in. This is not rocket science. You were not forced to drive the car with someone in the trunk. In fact, you could have gotten out at the gate and said, "There's a drunk idiot girl in the trunk to match my drunk friend."

You made a choice.

You were driving, and you cannot argue that you were unaware that there was someone in the trunk, because it was the same someone that was denied entry at the other gate.

My legal advice is to stop posting about this in a forum and work with whoever is going to represent you legally.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What is this word?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">