• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction Zone Poor Signage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davidbrooks

Hi,

I was travelling down a two lane road which became one lane as the right lane became piloned off.

Another driver made a left turn in front of me (into my lane) from a cross street on the other side of the road, and I hit her.

My speed was 40 mph, the standard speed for that road. We pulled over and she said right away that it was her fault. I actually got her to sign a piece of paper saying that too.

My question is this. When I drove down the road again to confirm the speed limit I discovered 2 signs saying 25mph, one of which was on the ground, and the other facing parallel to the road ( you would have to look side ways to see it ). I took pictures of the signs, to prove how difficult they were to see.

With the signature, and the pictures, how does it look for my case vs hers of me speeding.

Thanks

A

Attorney_Replogle

What you have here is not just your speeding, but her admission of fault. She may not have been speeding, but she admitted that she caused the accident. How, I am not sure. However, you both also had a duty to not run into each other. The county or city working on the road may also have some responsibility for the accident since they casued that strip of road to be a one way while potential traffice, such as the woman who hit you, would probably use the road also. You should speak with a criminal defense attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">