• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

What is the name of your state? texas
i am using a consumer credit service. i have been making payments for about 5 years. i have written to the credit counseling company because some creditors are calling saying they are not being paid. I sent in the most recent statement from all of the creditors that are being paid and have asked them to update it and to update me regarding status of all bills. i have not heard anything. i am being charged late charges and interest and i can't get them to respond. according to what i was initially told, this should have been paid off over a year ago, but it looks to me like i will have another couple of years to make these payment. i would have been better off filing one of the bankruptcies i'm sure. this is the worst idea i have ever seen regarding debt repayment. i intend to pay all bills owed, however this program was supposed to help my credit and save interest and late charges which has not been the case. how can i get them to respond? or should i just contact the creditors and get out of the credit counseling? will the creditors offer me the same setup, lower interest or no interest and do i have any legal obligations to a credit counseling service that is hurting more than helping

Ladynred

Well, unfortunately you've found out the hard way that these CCCS places are not all they're cracked up to be and that their 'debt-free' promises are bogus. Do you have a complete accounting from this place as to where your money's going, how much and when for each creditor ? Are they making minimum payments or are they payments too low ? I'd call CCCS and demand a full accounting of all the accounts they have been handling.

You most certainly CAN pull out of CCCS, they're certainly NOT helping you any if you're getting slammed with late charges, etc.
There's no guarantee that the CC companies will give you the same deal they had with CCCS (after all, CCCS IS funded by the CC companies !), but try calling them and asking. If they will keep the 'deal', then why bother with CCCS ? CCCS can rarely do anything for you that you cannot do for yourself.. and you save the fees you're paying THEM to pay your creditors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">