• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

consumer legal rights

• Thread starter creativesoftwaresolutions
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

creativesoftwaresolutions

Hello, I live in Florida. About 5 months ago, I bought a certification training pack which rounds up to about $8,000. The certification classes were to include all the classes for CIW training which are classes to be a web designer, web developer, and web administrator. The agreement was that I could take as many classes as I wanted for a 1 year period. Now, about 5 months into the classes, I find that 2/3 of the classes are not being delivered as was promised. For example, the classes for the application developer track are scheduled and then cancelled. With the classes I registered for this occurred 3 times.
I am greatly concerned, and want to know what my legal rights are. As a side note, in order to take the classes as scheduled by the school, I quite my job as a senior programmer analyst. I am in quite a position; as I only have so much financial resources before I must go back to work. I have spoken to the account executive that assists me at the school, and they had agreed to extend my contract to 1.5 years. The problem is the classes are not even being delivered. They say that they will be implementing a new plan which they will guarantee the classes starting in January. I checked one of my classes in January, and it too has been cancelled after emailing me that all classes beginning in January would be delivered even if only 1 student registers. The new plan will probably go into place, but the problem is that it will extend the training about 5 months from the original completion date. I will be financial bankrupt at that point. In good faith, I have requested the books, and I would study the books of the classes that would have been delivered; but as of yet, this has not been approved. (As a sidenote: a sequence of 5 classes say A,B,C,D, and E need to be completed for certification. Class B, and C have been cancelled and class E is not even on the schedule. In order to complete the next class Class D, it would be good to have done some of the previous classes)

Please let me know what my legal rights are?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">