• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consumer loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

So you're saying he has to prove it, not us?
Also, I'm looking at the transcript our attorney gave us, from when she took it to a judge. His only defense is that we come with unclean hands and therefore he owes nothing.
She told us we are now waiting.

Are we being screwed with??
The reason why we cannot really help you is that you seem to not be giving us everything the transcript said. "Unclean hands" is not a defense without a lot of explanation to go with it. The person using unclean hands as a defense has to explain to the judge, in detail, what you did to cause your hands to be unclean.

For example: They explain to the judge that even though you loaned them the money to get the business going, you deliberately caused problems in the start up of the business that caused it to immediately fail...and they explain in detail exactly what those problems were.

They simply cannot say "they have unclean hands" and nothing else.

Kalla

LdiJ, thank you, that is the information I'm looking for. He has no other defense listed here. We have simply waited, asking him when he is going to pay, and we're ignored.

Now I understand why we are waiting, as our attorney just said "so now we wait" but did not explain what we were waiting for, and I thought we needed to prove we just want what he signed a contract saying he would pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">