• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?Missouri
ARe these reasons to modify legal custody?
My ex continously refuses to tell me when my son see's doctors. It is in the court order that he has to give me such information.

The court order states that I shall have reasonable access to the child at all times, but my ex refuses to allow me to be involved in my childs life other than my custody periods.

The court order states that I shall have unlimited phone contact with my son, the father refuses to allow me to talk to him

MY son does not want to even see his father and throws fits when it is time for him to go to his dads he says that he hates his dad and his dad hurts him. Will the courts believe a 4 year old.

The father has told my son and admitted it to me in a police station that he told my son I was going to kill him.


Senior Member
First file contempt for the violations. No way is the court going to listen to a 4 year old. There has to be many, many instances of contempt found by the court in order for a modification to be ordered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential