• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tigres

freedom54 said:
I was scared to report his actions, but he also made sure he never did it in front of anyone. Most people thought he was the next best thing to Jesus, and many still do. But as time goes on, people see him for what he is.

Money does not buy happiness! That is for sure. We have to learn to be happy and not let those around us hurt us.

Sounds like my ex. Except he's got the charm down so well, that people that have known him for years can't believe that he would ever hit me. Even when he tells them to their face. :(

Freedom, this is what I have done. I have gotten a taperecorder. I carry it with me whenever there is an exchange. I always take someone with me when there is a drop off/pick up for my daughter. The one time I didn't, he, of course, started stuff. I refuse to speak to him on the phone. If he ever shows up at my door, I will call the police.

Signing papers under threat of death does not make those papers legal. Of course, you would have to prove this, which is difficult to do for those of us with smart, abusive ex's, yes?

Tig

http://smilecwm.tripod.com/ruinkai/jestera.gif

G

Grandma B

This is a good spot for my favorite saying: Time wounds all heels! Sure hope it's true!

LegalBeagle

Turn the tables and threaten them with the same.. look deep into their eyes and tell them to clean up their lose ends, cos mama is gonna getcha..

F

freedom54

Thanks Tig!

Unfortunately he lives in CA now with my boys, so I try to keep all communication through email, which is really great. But I know that he will get me some day, especially if I push him to far. Most people don't understand, but there is a real fear, regardless of how much time passes. I am fortunate to have found that one in a million who cherishes me and would never think of raising his voice to me, much less his hands.

I wish that I could find a way to show him for what he's worth, but it takes so much, and the courts and lawers don't want any part of it. Women and children will continue to suffer at the hands of both the abusers in their lives and the judicial system that stands behind them. If I knew what it would take to change things I wouldn't stop. Off my soapbox now.

Peace be with all!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">