• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband recently began a new job. His new employer did not have a contract so my husband wrote one up which was mutually agreeable, however, his new employer never actually signed. The salary was clearly agreed upon and witnessed by another employee. After two weeks, it has become clear to my husband that this businessman is deceitful, and hasn't been paying his other employee, among other things. At this point, my husband wants to get the money he is owed and resign. What rights does he have to get his $$ without a signed written contract? Does he have any recourse since this employer lured my husband away from a solid job to work for him, and obvoiusly was lied to from the beginning? Should this be a small claims case? We want recourse but don't have $$ to hire a lawyer. Also, how do we file a complaint about this company/man?
Thanks so much--we are in Oregon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential