• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor extending project after stating it would take a few days...i cant take off work anymore!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmerritt!!

What is the name of your state? Florida
Quick summary.....
Insurance claim submitted 4/30/2018
4 different adjusters came to house and did adjustment
Contractor stated that it would take no more than 2 days...possibly 3
Came out and pulled sample of flooring 2 weeks prior to starting project and knew exactly what was wrong and what it would take
Subs here starting the work said "Oh no, this will take a full week to do"
Told I was going to have a crew to get it done
Subs are from 350 miles away
Have told the insurance company and contractors I cant take work off to do this from the begining
To help, I took vacation 2 weeks ago so they could perform the work
They didn't want to (Remember, this claim has been open since 4/30/18)
I compromised and had my son stay home from work Friday 8/17/18 to oversee (remember, they told me Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday)
Subs cant get it done and will need and extra week
I want to fire them right now....take the checks given to me by the insurance company and fix myself (I have other quotes)
What is my recourse and is this going to put me farther in the hole?
BTW: I have emails stating and proving everything I said above
Note: Contractor has not received a dime from me or the insurance company (according to the Subs, contractor hasn't spent any material money on this project either)...I have all the checks
Contractor also stated he is not affiliated with my insurance company...."I, hired them through my insurance company"

TY very much for taking the time to read this
RM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">