• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contracts / legal remedies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jrrichard

I entered into contracts with a general contracter for home improvements/repairs due to water damages in home. general contracter walked off home site with a sizable amount of money paid in advance. He has refused to refund the money paid. In addition, the remediation company has taken possesion of my clothing and furniture held for balance due on our contractual agreement. I have been out of my home since may 2000. The general contracter has held up payments
for remediation co. Does remediation co. have legal rights to take possession of my personal prperties until they are paid in full, our contract does not state that they have a legal right to do so.I reside in the state of Texas.

[Edited by jrrichard on 12-28-2000 at 01:01 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. WHat I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Seems like for this one you really need a transactional law attorney to help you? Why? Because it seems the contractor breached your contract, causing you substantial damage --> hence, no reason for them to be holding YOUR property.

May even think about having the local D.A. (after your lawsuit) file criminal charges of embezzlement against this person/company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">