• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coronavirus Incident Deliberately Caused by Supermarket Employee and Public Humiliation By Supermarket Director Do I Have a Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFi

Your best course of action appears to be to complain to the store’s management about the store employee and the treatment you received. Although I don’t doubt the incident led to your embarrassment, embarrassment alone will not support a legal action.

I recommend you find another supermarket to shop at or have necessary items delivered to your home.
They ceased delivering or I never would have gone in the first place

Just Blue

My point is to use an analogy, if you went into a store and an employee of the store then pulled a knife on you and the Head of the Store then publicly berated you saying you caused a "Disruption" because an employee pulled and threatened you with a knife" you would just smile and take it up the place where the sun doesn't shine. If I had phoned the police, believe me they wouldn't have come.
Unless the employee had Covid-19 your analogy doesn't apply.

Make a complaint with the district manager.

quincy

They ceased delivering or I never would have gone in the first place
I know some food delivery services have stopped delivering around here, too. Perhaps you can get a food pickup instead of going into a store. The appointments for food pickups need to be scheduled in advance and you could have a few-day waiting time before your food order can be placed and picked up.

Store management could be interested in hearing about your experience but, again, there appears to be little you can do legally.

quincy

There is increased stress on everyone but I agree that grocery store workers have greater exposure to the virus than the grocery store customer.

There is a proposal in Congress to provide “hazard pay” in addition to regular pay to those who are forced to work because they are considered essential workers.

Just Blue

There is increased stress on everyone but I agree that grocery store workers have greater exposure to the virus than the grocery store customer.

There is a proposal in Congress to provide “hazard pay” in addition to regular pay to those who are forced to work because they are considered essential workers.
While at a local store my sister was thanking the girl behind the "protective" shield for coming to work and risking her health so we can get food and some schmuck in the next line overheard her and said "What are you thanking him (employee was transgender) for?...He's getting paid." Sister gave the schmuck a "shut up you moron" look.

quincy

While at a local store my sister was thanking the girl behind the "protective" shield for coming to work and risking her health so we can get food and some schmuck in the next line overheard her and said "What are you thanking him (employee was transgender) for?...He's getting paid." Sister gave the schmuck a "shut up you moron" look.
I just cannot understand some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">