• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

corporate tax ids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



first company bought a second company, after three quarters
were submitted under second company tax id and name, second company tax id was changed to first companies tax id for the 4th quarter. now that we are trying to print two w-2's under two tax id's can the name on both w-2's be the first company name or does it have to have the original name for the first three quarters, then the first company name for the 4th quarter?



ID and company name.

I would submit the W-2s under the ID that was used to report the withholdings. If you have informed the IRS of the change of name, use the new name. If you have not, use the old name.
Sponsored Ad