• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I get in trouble for this parody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

Nah, offensive is the name of my game basically. But I guess you gave a pretty definite answer, since my main worry is if some idiot thought it was real and killed himself, I dont want to be charged for anything.
ok. then you are definitely in the wrong section. for crimes, there is a specific section.

what you should be more concerned about? is being civilly held responsible. that one is a mothereffer. THAT one will "kill" you. being sued for every penny you ever owned or potentially own until you die?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You made me laugh XD

I wouldnt lose much if I was sued for "every penny I own", because I'm not kidding when I said I was broke. Barely own anything, and dont plan on ever owning anything :p

Bleeding me for money is like trying to get water out of a rock
Judgments last a long, long time.

But, you plan on being a deadbeat for your whole life, so what does it matter, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

traumkampfer

Pretty much, yeah. I dont value money or possessions very highly, I just didn't want to be imprisoned for the actions of idiots.

TigerD

I'm just trying to make a funny video, and this is what i find funny. Guess I'll ask elsewhere.
While you might make a funny video, how are you going to feel when some kid blows his head off trying duplicate you?

Everybody can agree that frequently stupid is funny, but you don't have to be stupid to be funny.

DC

TigerD

Bleeding me for money is like trying to get water out of a rock
Squeezing until drops of money fall from the lifeless corpse is my specialty. And I imagine there are many others with that particular skill.

DC

PS: And given the circumstances, many of us wouldn't even charge the judgment holder.

Last edited:

tranquility

I doubt if "The Onion" would consider a parody of this sort.

There are legal issues that can arise with any parody so if you are seriously considering a video of this sort, have it reviewed by an attorney in your area prior to publication. I can almost guarantee you will become a very unpopular videographer if you follow through with the idea. I would hope you are smarter than this.

edit to add: Stupid and bad taste do not equal parody.
Are you sure about that? They seem to embody them some stupid bad taste.

"Child Development Experts Say Boys Not Fully Mature Until Avenging Father�s Murder"
"Cannibal Corpse Blasting From Papal Apartment Window"
"Sochi�s Euthanized Dogs To Be Returned To Streets After Olympics"
"Israel�s, Hamas� Disregard For Palestinian Life Aligning Nicely"
"Palestinians Starting To Have Mixed Feelings About Being Used As Human Shields"
"Screws, Splintered Bones, Mangled Joints That Make Up Rob Gronkowski Poised For Huge Fantasy Year"
"Doctors Optimistic Sam Bradford 2 Months Away From Beginning Work On Broadcasting Career"
"On The Fake Dead Girlfriend Of Notre Dame Star Manti Te�o"
"Black Sheep Of Earnhardt Family Dies In Public Transit Crash"
"Geneticists Debate Ethics Of Cloning Humans And Forcing Them To Fight To Death In Pit For Our Amusement"
"Onion Talks: Hypothetically It Would Be Okay To Have Sex With A Robot Dog"
"Experts: Ebola Vaccine At Least 50 White People Away"
"Unpopular Police Officer Thinking About Committing Racially Motivated Offense For A Little Support"

Those are just from today. To me, it seems they will kick themselves for not getting on top of a Russian Roulette ice bucket challenge for suicide prevention parody.

Looking around edit:
And, some blasts from the past:

Prisoner Sort Of Expected To Get Raped More Often
Area Man Finally Works Up Courage To Sexually Harass Secretary
African-American Neighborhood Terrorized By Ask Murderer
Study: Depression Hits Losers Hardest
Drug Use Down Among Uncool Kids
Romney Apologizes To Nation's 150 Million 'Starving, Filthy Beggars'
Your Kids: Are They Sexy Enough?
Pope Forgives Molested Children
Thousands Turn Out For Empire State Building's Annual No-Hassle Suicide Day
President Personally Performs First Obamacare Euthanization
Gay Teen Worried He Might Be Christian
Quiet Loner Really Comes Out Of Shell At Gun Store
Trophy Wife Mounted
Stoner Uncle All The Kids' Favorite
Everyone Glad Someone Else Making Small Talk With Disabled Woman
Augusta National Honors Tiger Woods With Own Drinking Fountain
Alzheimer's Sufferers Demand Cure For Pancakes
Redskins' **** Owner Refuses To Change Team's Offensive Name
God Answers Prayers Of Paralyzed Little Boy 'No,' Says God
Anorexic Woman At Gym Looking Good
I'm Like A Chocoholic, But For Booze
School Bully Not So Tough Since Being Molested

Last edited:

quincy

Are you sure about that? They seem to embody them some stupid bad taste.

"Child Development Experts Say Boys Not Fully Mature Until Avenging Father�s Murder"
"Cannibal Corpse Blasting From Papal Apartment Window"
"Sochi�s Euthanized Dogs To Be Returned To Streets After Olympics"
"Israel�s, Hamas� Disregard For Palestinian Life Aligning Nicely"
"Palestinians Starting To Have Mixed Feelings About Being Used As Human Shields"
"Screws, Splintered Bones, Mangled Joints That Make Up Rob Gronkowski Poised For Huge Fantasy Year"
"Doctors Optimistic Sam Bradford 2 Months Away From Beginning Work On Broadcasting Career"
"On The Fake Dead Girlfriend Of Notre Dame Star Manti Te�o"
"Black Sheep Of Earnhardt Family Dies In Public Transit Crash"
"Geneticists Debate Ethics Of Cloning Humans And Forcing Them To Fight To Death In Pit For Our Amusement"
"Onion Talks: Hypothetically It Would Be Okay To Have Sex With A Robot Dog"
"Experts: Ebola Vaccine At Least 50 White People Away"
"Unpopular Police Officer Thinking About Committing Racially Motivated Offense For A Little Support"

Those are just from today. To me, it seems they will kick themselves for not getting on top of a Russian Roulette ice bucket challenge for suicide prevention parody.
Good point. :)

traumkampfer

So you want to follow all the idiots as they jump off a bridge?????? Didn't your parent teach you better?:rolleyes:

FYI: Judgements will follow you for many YEARS.
Its just comedy, different people find different things funny, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">