• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court date/GAL concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico.

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have a son who's 4 years old. Due to financial difficulties, I'm currently a Pro Se in this case. I needed help in finding out how to resolve concerns about GAL that was appointed. To make things short, there was a motion filed today by her to do a psychological evaluation for the purposes of determining the capability or capacity of each of the parties to safely and securely provide for the welfare and maintenance of the minor child and to determine an appropriate time sharing schedule considering the development of the minor child, the personality traits of the parents, and the overall best interests of the minor child.

Along with this motion, there were allegations made about me which were untrue. Ever since she was appointed, there has been a pattern of her taking the mother's side on every occasion. Due to this, I feel as my son's best interest is not being looked at with the parenting plan. I can go into further details but I feel as what I wrote so far should be sufficient.

My next step before there's a hearing is to respond to this motion so the judge knows my side of the story. I've already sent my response to the GAL letting her know what my thoughts were in this matter.

I'm not worried about her recommendations, except for financially. I don't think this is needed. I also want to respond to this motion and let the judge know my side of the story before there's a court date. Due to her biased judgements in the past, I'd like to remove her from my case since I don't feel as she's done what she needs to for our child's best interest.
I would greatly appreciate any legal advice that can help me and my son.


You already asked about this in your other thread. Please close this one and continue with the first that already have posters answering you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential