• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court order not being followed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Yeah, but come on - there ARE schools that have fer real uniforms. And even if not? That expense should be shared.

ETA certainly a more legit expense than the $6 lunch.
I have to question the judgement of any parent that would spend 6 bucks on school lunch. Yikes! Lunches from home are better for you and taste yummy (at least the ones I make). For a fraction of the cost.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have to question the judgement of any parent that would spend 6 bucks on school lunch. Yikes! Lunches from home are better for you and taste yummy (at least the ones I make). For a fraction of the cost.
To be fair, I sent my youngest with $ in HS. Mostly 'cause I was already sending a second breakfast, sports appropriate snack AND a hefty lunch. But she was often still hungry, in season. But I didn't expect her Dad to kick in...

PayrollHRGuy

School uniforms in my area are not as specific as true uniforms. The kids have to wear solid colors, neutral tones mostly, with collared shirts, no jeans. You can buy the type of clothing very reasonably at wally world, and thrift stores generally have a supply of used ones. Generally what they end up being is a navy, black, brown, olive or tan pair of pants or a skirt, with a short or long sleeved polo style shirt. So, they really are not expensive to buy.
That isn't a uniform. It is a dress code.

Pinkie39

My kids attended Catholic schools from K-9th grade for my daughter, and K-4th grade for my son.

My daughter's uniforms in particular, were expensive. She had to have specific plaid jumpers and later, skirts, that could only be purchased at a local Catholic school uniform shop. Along with particular vests and sweaters from the same shop.

At the Catholic school she attended from 6th-8th grade, the students had to wear school logo polos available only at the uniform shop. At $30 a piece. Yes, literally, $30. That was 10 years ago. I cringe to think of what they likely cost now. The girls were also only allowed to wear white polos, vs the tan or navy blue the boys wore. Those white polos inevitably ended up stained beyond repair by the end of the school year, and then had to be thrown away.

Add on the specific types and colors of socks and tights the girls were allowed to wear. Then of course, gym uniforms, allowable school shoes, school sweatshirts, etc.

It got pretty expensive fast, and cost me more than just buying clothes that can be worn at both school and home, as when we switched to public schools.

LdiJ

I don't disagree with you. However, that is not what the school system called it. They called it a uniform not a dress code. Wally World also called it a uniform not a dress code when selling the clothing in question.

PayrollHRGuy

My kids attended Catholic schools from K-9th grade for my daughter, and K-4th grade for my son.

My daughter's uniforms in particular, were expensive. She had to have specific plaid jumpers and later, skirts, that could only be purchased at a local Catholic school uniform shop. Along with particular vests and sweaters from the same shop.

At the Catholic school she attended from 6th-8th grade, the students had to wear school logo polos available only at the uniform shop. At $30 a piece. Yes, literally, $30. That was 10 years ago. I cringe to think of what they likely cost now. The girls were also only allowed to wear white polos, vs the tan or navy blue the boys wore. Those white polos inevitably ended up stained beyond repair by the end of the school year, and then had to be thrown away.

Add on the specific types and colors of socks and tights the girls were allowed to wear. Then of course, gym uniforms, allowable school shoes, school sweatshirts, etc.

It got pretty expensive fast, and cost me more than just buying clothes that can be worn at both school and home, as when we switched to public schools.

That is a uniform. What I responded to was a dress code.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I don't disagree with you. However, that is not what the school system called it. They called it a uniform not a dress code. Wally World also called it a uniform not a dress code when selling the clothing in question.
Unless OP's children attend school in your school district, your comments about irrelevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">