• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court ordered for child to be off ins. Ins. WON'T DO IT!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, I've sent the information on to my expert, and will let you know what she says.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I contacted an ERISA expert, on the off chance that their acknowledgement that you sent in the paperwork on a timely basis but their subsequent refusal to honor it, constituted an ERISA violation. Here is her answer, complete, word for word, and in total:

Under ERISA they are required to follow court orders ... they are
standing on a technicality that the order was not received within a set time
frame (which is idiotic, but probably within their rights). He needs
his lawyer and the court to direct them to get this done. If his lawyer
is not returning his calls, there are other lawyers.

V

vibbershniven

Well bad news! The insurance company called and the associate that was helping me has decided to tell me to stop calling him. That is my lawyer would like to call his supervisor, fine, but there is nothing the company is willing to do. He said he was sorry that I'm in this situation, but it is one that I put myself in.

My lawyer actually called(twice in one week, I am very impressed, but this time was due to the antics of my wife's attorney) he asked if the ins. called, so I told him what was said and his reply was I guess I'm just going to have to sue them then. In the meantime I'm basically screwed unless I want to quit my job. So here come more attorney fees!

Thank you for your help....

V

vibbershniven

CBG!!! Thank you so much for all that hard work!!! It's finally paid off!!! The insurance company called today and said the gentleman that was taking care of my case(the one that slipped that they did indeed receive the paperwork within the 30 days...) has been fired. They said that all I need to do now is go to the court and have them sent the insurance company direct on court letterhead that I do not have to cover my daughter for insurance and have it dated the day of the court order and they will cancel all insurance and reimburse me!

I cannot thank you enough! Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">