• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phyllis123

What can I do when my child's father claimed I was in contempt of court for refusing him visitation. Now that we've gone to court and the judge has issued a court order for visitation he doesn't abide by the court order. In the courtroom the judge specifically told him that since he initiated this action he had to abide by the court order also. The judge explained that if for whatever reason he could not get the child and I don't agree to make other arrangements with him, he is still obligated to get her. He only get's her when it is convenient for him. This is very frustrating to me and hurful and disappointing to my daughter. Is there anyway to enforce his end of the visitation court order?:mad:

buka

You're going to have to be more specific about your situation and what your order says before anyone can really offer advice. But generally speaking, no, there is no way to force the NCP to take visitation.

V

vaportrail

You cannot force the NCP to exercise his/her visitation. Visitation is a "right" not an "order." Therefore if the NCP chooses not to exercise visitation, the he/she cannot be held in contempt of court. You can, however, go to court and have the visitation schedule modified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">