• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Coverage and Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lwillert

What is the first step to hiring a experienced attorney?
My insurance company is Mercury Insurance Group. My adjuster has been extremely rude and not helpful throughout this insurance claim process. This is my first home purchase and because of the storms in California during February 2017- I had several leaks from my roof that turned to mold throughout my home. In all, I had a contractor come out and over several months fix the damages since there was no funds provided. The insurance adjuster initially only covered 3000 out of a preliminary 50000 estimate. It has taken 7 months to get my house to normal, but I still have a few projects that are still incomplete because my insurance company is been dragging their feet to help pay for the damages. I really need help, I'm exhausted and just want my home to be back for the way it was prior to the storm.

adjusterjack

Many times I was called rude when I had to tell a policyholder what wasn't covered by the homeowners policy.

The standard homeowners policy excludes mold but some companies add an endorsement providing limited coverage for mold.

Read your policy.

Look for Form HO-504 or something that says:

"Limited Fungi, Wet or Dry Rot, or Bacteria Coverage"

If you have something like that you have additional coverage for mold.

If you don't have it you have no coverage for mold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">