• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Covid-19

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dwg2020

Hello I'm located in Kentucky and I've just completed quarantine and it's legally my weekend to have my son but my wife is demanding that everyone in my household show proof of a negative test before I can see my son can she do that

Just Blue

Hello I'm located in Kentucky and I've just completed quarantine and it's legally my weekend to have my son but my wife is demanding that everyone in my household show proof of a negative test before I can see my son can she do that
Well, yes she "can" do that. You can file for contempt and she will have to explain her reason for withholding visitation to the judge. Frankly she is not being unreasonable.
ETA: How old is the child? Is the child COVID vaxxed?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Obviously, she can do that. Your question really is whether that is an allowable demand to make without violating the court order relating to visitation. I think that COVID-19 has thrown a big monkey wrench into everything.

Let me ask you this: Wouldn't you WANT to make sure everyone was negative before (possibly) exposing your son?

Just Blue

Obviously, she can do that. Your question really is whether that is an allowable demand to make without violating the court order relating to visitation. I think that COVID-19 has thrown a big monkey wrench into everything.

Let me ask you this: Wouldn't you WANT to make sure everyone was negative before (possibly) exposing your son?
Zig...I think we just had a "great minds" moment. :giggle:

zddoodah

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

I've just completed quarantine
Why were you quarantined (and no, the reference in the subject header to COVID does not answer that question)?

my wife is demanding that everyone in my household show proof of a negative test before I can see my son can she do that
Your wife -- as opposed to your ex-wife or ex-girlfriend -- is making this demand? Is there a divorce proceeding ongoing and, if so, is there a temporary custody/visitation order in place? Or are you just living separate?

Regardless of how you answer those questions, yes, she can make whatever demands she wants. Whether she can enforce them is, of course, a very different question -- one that I can't answer without more information.

LdiJ

So, other people in your household might be sick, and you are wanting to bring your son into that? I suggest that you do some googling on the effects of COVID-19 on children before you take this fight with his mother any further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">