• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cps whants to interview my 8yr old son with no one present

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

But its also true that children can be coerced into saying things that they do not mean. Its something that we talk about here all the time...children wanting to please the adult who appears to be calling the shots, so they say what they think that adult wants to hear. Normally we are talking about children saying different things to mom or dad, or grandparents, but the same principle applies.
Yup.So OP should follow the ATTORNEYS advice and have an ATTORNEY assist. Correct???;)

chrysainia

fact: the only legal advice I rec'd has been: 1st reply by ohiogirl, also that some states press neglect charges if a child is present for domestic violence.

everything else has been an opinion, I was asking for facts, not bias opinions on how good my mothering is or isnt, or if my husband is or isnt abusive. the truth is none of you know me and I dont know you, judgement helps nothing from afar. I wanted legal advice not to be degraded... in other words, if some one cared enough to respond then it should have been about legalities

I was dumb enough to answer questions people had regarding the situation.

I'm guessing you picture me as some redneck brow beaten bimbo, but your wrong blue.

I would have approve of an advocate or angel there with him, just not him all alone with a strange man in a strange room. so stop judging people without knowing them

p.s. as a top contributer on more than one forum I have always adressed the peoples question, not re victimised the victim, thank you very much

p.s.s. I'm on alias, so no my handle is not chrysainia to the rest of the net

LdiJ

Yup.So OP should follow the ATTORNEYS advice and have an ATTORNEY assist. Correct???;)
Yes, but two different attorneys have replied on this thread.

One attorney who is a GAL and practices family law and who has said that mom can "just say no" unless a judge has ordered otherwise.

One attorney who no one knows what area of expertise the particular attorney has and who has frequently been proven wrong on family law matters.

While I have had disagreements with both attorneys I do know which one I have more faith in, in this particular scenario.

Proserpina

fact: the only legal advice I rec'd has been: 1st reply by ohiogirl, also that some states press neglect charges if a child is present for domestic violence.

everything else has been an opinion, I was asking for facts, not bias opinions on how good my mothering is or isnt, or if my husband is or isnt abusive. the truth is none of you know me and I dont know you, judgement helps nothing from afar. I wanted legal advice not to be degraded... in other words, if some one cared enough to respond then it should have been about legalities

I was dumb enough to answer questions people had regarding the situation.

I'm guessing you picture me as some redneck brow beaten bimbo, but your wrong blue.

I would have approve of an advocate or angel there with him, just not him all alone with a strange man in a strange room. so stop judging people without knowing them

p.s. as a top contributer on more than one forum I have always adressed the peoples question, not re victimised the victim, thank you very much

p.s.s. I'm on alias, so no my handle is not chrysainia to the rest of the net

The only reason I said what I said, was because you basically blew up on an internet forum. At a complete and utter stranger who said something you didn't like.

That does, indeed, suggest that you and your partner need counseling which cannot be provided online. The mindset in and of itself can seriously damage a child.

That's all.

ecmst12

To the best of my knowledge, latigo is NOT a vetted attorney. He just likes to imply that he is without ever actually SAYING so and getting smacked down by the mods.

LdiJ

To the best of my knowledge, latigo is NOT a vetted attorney. He just likes to imply that he is without ever actually SAYING so and getting smacked down by the mods.
I have often wondered....based on language, if we haven't seen Latigo here before.

quincy

Not all of the attorneys who post on this site do so openly but, based on latigo's postings and his online personality, don't you think that IF he were a site-vetted attorney he would have that fact written in big bold print in his signature line? ;)

chrysainia, Montana has experienced the same problems with their Child Protective Services agency that other states have had with theirs. If you can avoid all contact with CPS, you should.

As an attorney-GAL in Ohio, Ohiogal has had firsthand experience with CPS. She has advised you to say "no" to a CPS interview and I echo her advice. You do not have to cooperate with CPS absent a court order that says you must.

If there is a court order and your son must be interviewed, demand that either you or a child advocate be with him during the interview.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">