• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

transitions4

What is the name of your state? California. My great grandchildren were taken by CPS. My grand daughter was the first to do a RFA just to find out after nearly a six month wait to hear she had to be 21. My daughter in VA. expressed the desire to keep them and also started the process, during the interim the social worker asked the father's significant other to do the RFA and then decided against it because of the relationship she already knew existed between her and my grandson. They wasted an entire year intentionally and then expressed their interest in me keeping them. After watching them pass the time away they are now saying that they are concerned about the children and their relationship with the foster parents, they have made it appear after dragging out the time that their bond is more important with the foster parents rather than their bond with family. Now due to the coronavirus the courts are closed and the social worker put a 2 week stop on visitations.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? California. My great grandchildren were taken by CPS. My grand daughter was the first to do a RFA just to find out after nearly a six month wait to hear she had to be 21. My daughter in VA. expressed the desire to keep them and also started the process, during the interim the social worker asked the father's significant other to do the RFA and then decided against it because of the relationship she already knew existed between her and my grandson. They wasted an entire year intentionally and then expressed their interest in me keeping them. After watching them pass the time away they are now saying that they are concerned about the children and their relationship with the foster parents, they have made it appear after dragging out the time that their bond is more important with the foster parents rather than their bond with family. Now due to the coronavirus the courts are closed and the social worker put a 2 week stop on visitations.
1. Why were the children removed from their home and from which parent?
2. How old are the children?
3. Are there criminal charges from the neglect/abuse of the children?

paddywakk

It's REALLY important to know which state the children are in, as this could affect any answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">