• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crappy management, locked post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

You have managed to lock your post so no one can respond to you. But I would suggest you take down the specific information about where and what business it is.

You are in Tennessee, in fact you are in the Memphis area, so you can file for unemployment benefits by going into a walk-in office. That is all you can do in this situation. You will maintain that you were fired without a good misconduct reason. You will tell them exactly what has happened, and the unemployment system will make a decision about the unemployment claim approval.

The employer can fire you because he was having a bad day. Because he felt like it. Because they thought you had been there too long. That it was not fair has no bearing at all on the legality of your firing. They do not have to re-instate you or give you damages, even if the manager was shown to be totally at fault. If they could show that they had a very good misconduct reason to fire you, such as that you got in a cursing fight with a client, you wouldn't even be able to get unemployment benefits while you are looking for another job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And just exactly how do you know that the managers didn't get disciplined? There are more ways of disciplining than firing, you know, and a manager who didn't respond quickly enough to suit the customer and a saleperson who cursed at the customer do NOT have to be disciplined the same way.

Beth3

I think I should either be hired or compensated.

The law does not support what you think you are due. Too bad you didn't just walk away from that nasty customer and not say anything but your employer was well within their legal rights to terminate your employment.

Nothing unlawful occurred here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">